Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Show!!!

REVE(A)LING: FEMINIST ART

An Annual Juried Exhibition
March 2-13, 2009

Opening Reception: March 2, 4:00pm

Location: The 123 Gallery in the Johnson Center at George Mason University

"Feminist art is art with a message, not simply art by women. It is art
that talks about crucial issues where the subject matter can be as
important as the medium. Because gender affects every aspect of human
experience, feminist art deals with but is not limited to issues such as
the human body, race, class, sexuality, capitalism, globalization,
politics, power and domination, and beauty."

Aaron and I each have one piece in the show.

I have also been informed that I will be receiving a prize as the creator of one of the top three submissions!!! Yay :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool!

    I'm really proud of both you. I can't wait to see the show!

    ReplyDelete