Sunday, February 15, 2009

Painting Troubles

It has been a while since I have posted.
It is turning out to ba a very busy semester, and I just don't have enough time to do everything that I need to...

But here are my most recent works.
This is "Death" at the moment. I am fairly pleased, but there are issues...



And here is "Famine." Not finished, but it;s a start.



Here are some of the problems I am having:
I am having issues reconciling the image that I have made in Photoshop, with the image in my mind, and the one I am creating on the canvas.

I don’t think that my paint application is in dialogue with the content. I also don’t think that the colors/light source make sense at the moment with either image.

Next course of action:

Let paint dry, sand down the images I have, and work with glazing technique from there. I really enjoy the bright Pop colors, the composition and the concept. I need to work on my understanding of the craft I am using, and make a decision about the sources I am using.

I WORK BETTER WHEN I AM PAINTING FROM LIFE!!!!

I need to start collecting relevant objects and setting up scenes to paint…eg. A baby-doll to put on the pony and some bright pink fabric to drape in the background etc.

I am very frustrated with painting at the moment.

I would like to start working on my Graphic Novel: The Amazing Adventures of Androgynous Android Girl!

I want to research how to make a doll that will pose and hold positions like a manikin. I need to make a large model, hopefully 3 or 4 feet tall so I can use it to paint from!

I am inclined to move in the direction of dropping traditional “painting” and starting to work on building sets for paintings. Once I have objects to work from, I will paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment